Donida English/Western Schooling Show Series
Donida Farm English/Western Schooling Shows provide riders of all ages the chance to enjoy a real horse show experience in a relaxed and friendly setting. Classes include Halter & Showmanship, English, and Western classes. Compete in 4 of the 6 shows in the series and you’ll be eligible to win one of six Series High Point Championships! Shows are held indoors in our large covered arena, and we even offer an indoor arena for warm up and schooling. The show series runs from October through April.
2019–2020 English/ Western Series Dates
October 19, 2019
November 23, 2019
December 14, 2019
February 22, 2020
March 14, 2020
April 25, 2020
Start time: 8:00am
1. Halter, Color Horse
2. Halter, Non Color Horse
3. Halter, Open
4. Halter, Thoroughbred Only *
5. Western Showmanship, Green Horse/Handler*
6. Western Showmanship, Open
7. Walk Only Pleasure Green Horse*
8. Walk Only Pleasure Novice Rider*
9. Walk Only Pleasure Open
10. Walk Only Equitation Novice Rider*
11. Walk Only Equitation Open
12. Walk/Jog Pleasure Green Horse*
13. Walk/Jog Pleasure Novice Rider*
14. Walk/Jog Pleasure 12 & under
15. Walk/Jog Pleasure 13–17
16. Walk/Jog Pleasure 18 & over
17. Walk/Jog Pleasure Open
18. Walk/Jog Pleasure, Thoroughbred Only *
19. Walk/Jog Pleasure Color
20. Walk/Jog Pleasure Non-Color
21. Walk/Jog Pleasure Stock Type
22. Walk Jog Pleasure Non-Stock Type
23. Walk/Jog Equitation Novice Rider*
24. Walk/Jog Equitation 12 & under
25. Walk/Jog Equitation 13-17
26. Walk/Jog Equitation 18 & over
27. Walk/Jog Equitation Open
28. Western Pleasure Green Horse*
29. Western Pleasure Novice Rider*
30. Western Pleasure 12 & under
31. Western Pleasure 13-17
32. Western Pleasure 18 & over
33. Western Pleasure Open
34. Western Pleasure, Thoroughbred Only *
35. Western Pleasure Color
36. Western Pleasure Non-Color
37. Western Pleasure Stock Type
38. Western Pleasure Non Stock Type
39. Western Equitation Novice Rider*
40. Western Equitation 12 & under
41. Western Equitation 13–17
42. Western Equitation 18 & over
43. Western Equitation Open
44. Advanced Western Equitation Open
45. Ranch Riding
46. English Showmanship, Green Horse/Handler*
47. English Showmanship, Open
LUNCH BREAK (approx. 30 minutes)
Class 48 will not start before 1:00pm
48. Walk Only Pleasure Green Horse*
49. Walk Only Pleasure Novice Rider*
50. Walk Only Pleasure Open
51. Walk Only Equitation Novice Rider*
52. Walk Only Equitation Open
53. Walk/Trot Pleasure Green Horse*
54. Walk/Trot Pleasure Novice Rider*
55. Walk/Trot Pleasure 12 & under
56. Walk/Trot Pleasure 13-17
57. Walk/Trot Pleasure 18 & over
58. Walk/Trot Pleasure Open
59. Walk/Trot Pleasure, Thoroughbred Only*
60. Walk/Trot Equitation Novice Rider*
61. Walk/Trot Equitation 12 & under
62. Walk/Trot Equitation 13-17
63. Walk/Trot Equitation 18 & over
64. Walk/Trot Equitation Open
65. English Pleasure Green Horse*
66. English Pleasure Novice Rider*
67. English Pleasure 12 & under
68. English Pleasure 13-17
69. English Pleasure 18 & over
70. English Pleasure Open
71. English Pleasure, Thoroughbred Only *
72. English Equitation Novice Rider*
73. English Equitation 12 & under
74. English Equitation 13–17
75. English Equitation 18 & over
76. English Equitation Open
77. Advanced English Equitation Open
Short arena break to set for jumping classes
78. Hunter Hack, Walk Trot*
79. Hunter Hack, Walk Trot Canter*
80. Intro Hunter Mini Course, Trot Poles*
81. Intro Hunter Mini Course, 18” Cross Rails*
82. Intro Hunter Mini Course, 2’ Verticals*
* class does not count toward Age Division high point awards
Next show: March 14, 2020
Pre-Entries are OPEN HERE
Day-of-Show Haul in and Post Entries are Welcome!
Note: all pre-entries must be submitted online. Pre-Entries close at 12:00 Noon on the Wednesday before the show. Day-of-Show entries will be accepted in the show office.
ABOUT THE SHOW
Stabling: Stalls will be available after 1pm on the Friday before the show. If you have ANY stabling issues or requests, you MUST contact Denise – email@example.com. Riders are NOT allowed to make changes to the stabling ie: moving stall labels. We assign stabling for a variety or reasons and any/all changes MUST go through Denise.
You MUST pre-enter online to reserve an overnight stall for Friday night, no exceptions. If you are not pre-entered, do not arrive at Donida until Saturday morning when you can sign a release form in the show office.
Pre-Entries always close on the Wednesday before the show at 12:00 Noon
No refunds for cancellation after the closing date unless you have a doctor or vet slip.
DEFINITIONS FOR PURPOSES OF THIS SHOW SERIES
- NOVICE RIDER: Any rider who has not won three 1st plaecs in the previous show season at any show (Novice classes do not count for the high point)
- GREEN HORSE: Any horse in it’s first or second year of showing (Green Horse classes do not count for high point)
- RIDER AGE: Age as of the first show of the series (October 19, 2019)
Horse and Rider pairs who earn points in a minimum of 4 of the 6 shows will be eligible to win a Series High Point Award in one of the following divisions:
- Rider, 12 & under, Western
- Rider, 13-17, Western
- Rider, 18 & over, Western
- Rider, 12 & under, English
- Rider, 13-17, English
- Rider, 18 & over, English
Champions are awarded coolers, jackets, and medals. Awards will be presented at the April show!
Hunter Hack Championship
A daily high point prize will be awarded to the rider with the most points in the following classes:
78. Hunter Hack, Walk Trot
79. Hunter Hack, Walk Trot Canter
80. Intro Hunter Mini Course, trot poles
81. Intro Hunter Mini Course, 18″ cross rails
82. Intro Hunter Mini Course, 2′ verticals
Thoroughbred Only Classes and High Points
The following Thoroughbred only classes are included at the show:
4 – Halter – Thoroughbred Only
18 – Walk/Jog Pleasure – Thoroughbred Only
34 – Western Pleasure – Thoroughbred Only
59 – Walk/Trot Pleasure – Thoroughbred Only
71 – English Pleasure – Thoroughbred Only
There is also a High Point award for Thoroughbreds. You must show in 3 of the 5 classes to qualify.
The Jockey Club’s Thoroughbred Incentive Program (T.I.P.) Series High Point Award uses the same point system. TIP High Point Awards are available at each show. Please join us to compete for those!!
All Thoroughbred Only Classes and High Point Awards are provided by the Jockey Club’s Thoroughbred Incentive Program (T.I.P.). Winners must be registered with T.I.P. to qualify. Get More information and your Free T.I.P. number HERE
Here is the Ranch Riding pattern for the 2019-2020 Series: (click to enlarge):
Show manager: Gwen Blake 360-507-9306 (phone or text) firstname.lastname@example.org
Show secretary: Jeannette Parrett, email@example.com
1. A signed copy of this Rules Form must be turned in prior to your first class.
2. Anyone under 18 years of age must wear an ASTM/SEI-approved equestrian safety helmet.
3. This is a schooling show, show attire not required. All participants must wear boot with at least 1” heels. No shorts please.
4. Participants must pay for all classes in full prior to the start of the show, or leave blank check with the show secretary.
5. The judges’ decisions are final
6. Grounds for disqualification and expulsion w/o a refund: Unsportsmanlike conduct, Use of severe bits or training devices, Unruly or out-of-control horses, Mistreatment of any horse; as determined by show staff or judges, exhibiting a horse that is exhausted, injured or lame
7. Any disputes or problems during the show should be brought to the attention of the show manager at the show office.
8. Horses should not be tied to any arena fence, stall, or any place that would constitute a hazard. Horses may not be tied to trailers.
9. Park horse trailers in designated trailer parking area only.
10. Spectator parking in designated area only.
11. Keep fire lanes open at all times.
12. No horses allowed onto facility without being stalled and release signed.
13. No dogs allowed on the show grounds.
14. Please lunge in designated areas only.
15. Use manure wagons to dispose of stall manure only.
16. “A” barn washracks are reserved for Donida Farm boarders only. Public rack outside “C” barn, “D” barn, and “E” barn
17. Pick up garbage and place in or next to dumpster or cans.
18. No stall construction changes allowed. Any damage to stalls will incur a fee.
19. No nails in stall. Tack stalls will be charged $20.00 for nails.
20. No riding on racetrack
21. Donida Farm boarders have the right to use the warm-up areas.
NOTE: Classes may be combined, divided or cancelled upon manager’s decision. Prizes: 1-5 place ribbons awarded in each class. Award to first w/ 3 or more. Warm Up and Schooling: We provide an indoor arena for warm-up in addition to our spacious outdoor rings. Lunging is permitted in designated outdoor lunging areas Concessions are available on the show grounds.
Schooling only: If you just want to bring a horse to school, you will need to pay for a day stall ($25.00) and a schooling fee of $35.00 for warm up arena use only. Horses must wear their number and abide by the rules. Any dangerous horse may be asked to leave.
*No refund of entry fees without a vet or physicians certificate. The only exception would be if the weather forces cancellation or shut down of show. Cancellation of entries with certificates will have class fees only refunded.